Hi guys! I’ve been promising this matcha post for awhile to so many of you who ask about my matcha obsession and finally, it’s happening!… MATCHA 3 WAYS, in honor of FFB celebrating 3 years this month!
Let me know which recipes you like and if you have any other ideas for how to use matcha. Comment at the bottom of the post!
MATCHA: is finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea. It is special in two aspects of farming and processing: the green tea plants for matcha are shade-grown for about three weeks before harvest, and the stems and veins are removed in processing. *SOURCE*
Elphabites (Raw Matcha Balls)
These raw bites are the perfect pre/post training for broadway snack. They are no-bake, have minimal ingredients AND they are delicious! Not only do we get the benefit of the matcha when we eat them, but we also get the benefit of pistachios! Pistachios have more potassium and vitamin K than any other nut. Potassium is essential for proper nerve and muscle function! We found this great recipe at www.downshiftology.com, check it out!
RECIPE ADAPTED FROM: Lisa Bryan – Downshiftology.com
Serving: 14 bites
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup raw pistachios shelled
- 12 Medjool dates pitted
- ¼ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 1 T coconut oil
- ¼ pecans
- ¼ pistachios, chopped (for rolling)
- Place all the ingredients (except the last ¼ cup pistachios) into a food processor (or blender, we used an immersion blender). Process for one minute or until finely chopped and blended. Roll between your hands to create evenly sized bites.
- Roll bites again through the chopped pistachios and press firmly into the balls.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes then enjoy.
Iced Matcha Latte
Lattes are the most common way to enjoy matcha – and we know why! In case your morning coffee is giving you an anxious buzz, matcha is known to create an “alert calm” in your body and mind. Matcha contains L-Theanine (an amino acid), which has a natural calming effect. Caffeine + calm = Your perfect audition energy! Enjoy your matcha latte with any milk of choice (we chose homemade cashew milk)
PS: Did you know that cinnamon acts as an aromatherapy to improve your mood? This latte is the your go to Emotional Super Drink!!
Serving: 1 latte
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp matcha
- 2 ice cubes
- Soak 1/4 cup cashews in water over night
- Next morning, combine water, cashews, honey, cinnamon, ice and matcha in your blender. Blend on high until nuts are completely blended.
- Serve and enjoy!
A twist on an old classic! These 4- ingredient pancakes are FULL of super foods! We just learned a few benefits of matcha. But did you know that matcha powder has 137 times more antioxidants than a regular brewed cup of green tea? Antioxidants can help your body fight free radicals and fight against numerous diseases! #longevity Plus all of the benefits of eggs, bananas and oats, including fiber and protein. You cannot go wrong with these green dreams!
- 1/4 gluten free oats
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 T Matcha
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Place all ingredients into a blender (we used a wisk for chunky pancakes because our blender broke!! and it worked fine!). Blend completely.
- Heat skillet to med/high and pour or scoop batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup per pancake. Brown both sides and serve hot!
- Top with maple syrup, honey, or agave, and fruit of choice.