Hey guys! Remember Tony Treats? We’ve held one recipe in our treasure chest and are pretty dang excited to share it with y’all today. It’s the perfect Training for Broadway fuel for your week. #motivationmonday
This cookie is loaded with protein and a little kick of sweetness to power you through your afternoon slump… think of this cookie as your “Rocket Fuel to Broadway” because we know, every day, just like us, you’re reaching for the stars.
Lately, we’ve been living by wellness babe Kelly Leveque‘s Fab 4 “the perfect mix of Protein, Fat, Fiber and Greens.” We’re ticking off protein, fat, and fiber with these little cookie clusters and paired with this smoothie, we’re right on the bull’s eye of feeling our best, most energetic selves.
Oh, and if you haven’t seen The Play That Goes Wrong, it’s also a full blown ab workout. Who knew a trip to Broadway could also double as your training for Broadway workout.
The Chia Cookie That Goes Right in honor of The Play That Goes Wrong
For Nigel Hook – Best Scenic Design in a Play Tony WINNER
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
Six Step instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line your cookie sheet with baking paper.
- Combine applesauce and chia seeds in a large bowl and let sit for about 30 minutes until the mixture is thickened.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, whole-wheat flour, baking powder and chocolate chips (optional).
- Add the mashed banana, maple syrup and coconut oil into the chia seed mixture; then add dry mixture and combine well.
- Place spoonfuls of dough onto the cookie sheet and flatten. Cook 15-20 minutes or until golden and firm to touch.
- Enjoy! #TonyTreat
Recipe adapted from kaylaitsines.com
Comment below to let us know what you think after you try out this recipe! Also, be sure to comment and send requests of recipes or posts you’d like to see on FFB.