Three years ago when I started Fit for Broadway, my entry into personal narratives existed through two channels alone; health and fitness. Over time, I have realized what a gift it can be to expand outside of those themes and understand what shapes us day in and day out. The tangible, intangible, rituals, practices, people, places, experiences, and more that create our mind, body and spirit.
I realized to understand anything about how a person achieves what I perceive as a life fulfilled, the conversations had to be more intimate; layered through understanding and vulnerability about one’s lifestyle and interests. Health and fitness were a conduit for offering tools, understanding, and wisdom about a life well lived. Thankfully, these themes always allowed expansive conversations about how we create our lives daily and the meaning behind it all. How we allow ourselves to BE.
Throughout December, the Twelve Fit for Broadway features will focus on one question, “What’s creating you?” The below prompt is the framework for a bigger conversation we will begin having on Fit for Broadway and the prompt I am sending everyone featured in December.
Metamorphose. df: to change into a different physical form especially by supernatural means. synonyms: transform, develop, mature.
What’s creating you?
What is shaping your mind, body, and spirit?
5 tangible, intangible, ideas, people, places, ideas, rituals, practices that are molding your mind, body, and spirit in this space and time.
- List and describe the deeper layers of each.
- Try and answer the when, why, and how of each “thing” shaping you.
- Reference stories, unique experiences, memories that link with each “thing”
- Examine your day to day routine and why you do what you do.
- What are reoccurring things in your lifestyle practices
- echo lifestyle practices when possible to offer “tools” for readers (takeaway points)
- What are “things” that are so unique to you?
On to the next metamorphose, we go.