Hey hey sweet pumpkins! 🙂 Happy Halloween!
I have been all about exploring my fitness flow lately with lots of cool changes happening in my personal life and with FFB. It’s always a balancing act, right?! I decided to celebrate fitness Friday today with my TOP FOUR TIPS to help get you into sync, including a special at-home workout from my favorite, Core Rhythm Fitness.
1. SCHEDULE AT THE BEGINNING OF YOUR WEEK
If you’re like me, you have to plan ahead to get the most out of your week! (Hi, bullet journal!— post coming soon, I promise!) I literally have a section for each day in my bullet journal where I write, “Fitness Vibes @ ______________” and I have to fill in the blank every day with my workout. I’m all for being spontaneous in certain areas of my life but routine healthy habits like gettin’ in my daily sweat is something I neeeeed to plan for. It’s rare that I’ll schedule my workout and then cancel it especially if I plan it with a friend (see #2!) Also scheduling at the beginning of the week helps me find balance between my workouts. I make sure to schedule 3-4 tough workouts with recovery style workouts in between like yoga, stretching, or my current favorite MELT with Marisa Merliss! Thanks Meagan for the recommendation!
2. PLAN WORKOUTS WITH BUDDIES OR DATES!
Obviously this one is a go-to for me because I’m all about my fitness tribe and it holds you accountable. The whole planning fitness dates is new to me but totally a fun way to get to know each other! Highly recommend giving it a try if you and the person you’re dating are into fitness. But definitely budddddiess!!! Literally my go-to friend date is a workout because then you can catch up but also get in your workout. Plus, I’m just finding the people I surround myself with love to workout as much as me so it usually works out that they’re up for planning a sweaty hang time.
3. FIND FITNESS STUDIOS CLOSE TO YOUR HOME
Oooo this one has saved me some serious stress in the last few years! You guys know I’m a ClassPass gal so am constantly running all over the city for workouts. After getting busier and busier especially since starting FFB, I’ve realized an hour commute for my workout is not something I can accommodate, at least not every day of the week. Usually I reserve a few days a week, pop in my favorite podcast, and trek to my fav studios, no matter how far. Most days though, I’m all about finding ones close to my apartment, meetings or classes.
For example, I’m subletting my friend’s apartment this week before I move into my new apartment and have been finding so many cool spots! I came across FinerStudio on Classpass which offers yoga classes in the Bronx. This week I gave up commuting downtown for my morning stretch so this was a perfect option closer to my friend’s apartment for a much needed sweaty yoga flow with @yogarachael!
4. ALWAYS HAVE A WORKOUT PLAN B (at-home routine!)
Occasionally the day is just going to get away from you and suddenly it’s 10:00PM and there’s no way you’re going to the gym. AmIright? Who’s been there?!
So for this too frequent scenario or the days when you’re packing it in and realize a one hour workout to your favorite studio that requires the so-worth-it commute is not happening, have a Plan B. The cool part… your Plan B can be just that, YOUR Plan B. Maybe your favorite quick yoga sequence can come in handy for those days when you’re too busy studying to get to the gym. And workout videos!! Holy treasure chest of information and fun… there are literally so many to choose from and you can usually find the hottest gyms in the world have online and streaming options. However, no shame in heading over to the world of youtube where you can find a million (probably more) free workouts with so much variety. You can literally search, “10 minute arm exercise sequence” and find exactly that with loads of variations on that search. It’s a gold mine for awesome, quick at-home workouts that will save you time, money, and a trip to the gym. Usually, my workout Plan B is a 30 min. quick jump roping sequence or THIS amazing CORE workout with CRF!
Here’s 3 power core moves to build your Power House by Rodrick Covington!
- The HUNDRED
- All you need is a mat and your body because YOU ARE ENOUGH!
- Start flat on your back with your knees into your chest discovering your pelvic floor.
- Scoop your navel into your spine so that you stay engaged.
- Bring your heels together and toes apart.
- That is your Pilates V! Make sure your arms are reaching forward extending thru your fingers.
- Lift your shoulders and head up where you can see between your toes.
- Extend your legs straight on a 45 degree angle.
- Connect your breathe with pumping your arms up and down continuously.
- Breathe on an inhale pulse 5 counts in and exhale 5 counts out.
- 5/5 is 1 count. Count the 5/5 to 10 and that is your HUNDRED.
- When you start with The HUNDRED then you give everything else 100%. #BOOM
- SINGLE LEG STRETCH
- Start flat on your back with both of your knees into your chest.
- Bring your outside hand of your right leg (right hand) onto your right ankle.
- Then bring your left hand onto your right knee.
- Next extend your left leg on a diagonal pointed. Make sure your elbows are squared out.
- Lift your head and shoulders and that’s your starting position.
- Then repeat on the left side with your outside hand on your ankle (left hand) and right hand on your left knee.
- Then give that body a single LEG STRETCH to 10 on each side.
- Make sure to breathe btw each stretch.
- Start on your back with your hands behind your head with your elbows squared out.
- Extend your legs up to the ceiling with your toes pointed and back flat.
- Lift your shoulders and head up scooping your navel to your spine.
- Keep your legs completely straight and cut the air with extending your legs up and down.
- As your chop engaging your CORE, keep your elbows out and head up.
- This Core Move will take you all the way to the Release and build that Power House.
- Get it innnnnn!
Comment below to let me know how you guys find your fitness flow! And don’t forget to check out the upcoming FFB Workshop on November 20th!