Hiiii moon rays!! (I’m in a moon phase after the Hunter Moon this last weekend! Did everyone see it!? #magical) I’m pretty dang excited to finally be bringing you guys FFB’s newest series called WORKOUT WEDNESDAY! I’ll be featuring our favorite NYC instructors & methods each week with their go-to moves to help you train for Broadway. I’ve gotten requests from you guys to see more workouts featured so they are coming at ya every week now. We’ll be covering all the muscle groups and ways to pair them together to make awesome FFB workouts you can do at home or at the gym. This week Body Conceptions Trainer, Lauren is sharing a customized ARM SERIES. This arm series can be incorporated in circuits to your cardio routine or done on it’s own for a quick workout to sculpt your arms and shoulders! Standing Deltoid & Bicep
- Begin standing with legs hip width apart, arms reaching forward in front of your chest
- Keeping your left arm stable lift your right arm straight up to eye level then lower back down to chest height
- Bend the elbow and tap right hand across to the left shoulder
- Do 12-16 reps and then repeat on the other side
Side Single Arm Push Up
- Begin on your side, bottom arm wrapped around your waist. Place top hand on the ground in front of your shoulder
- Pressing into your hand, push up to a straight arm
- Staying lifted, reach the bottom arm out to the side, then wrap it back around your waist and lower back down
- Do 12 reps on each side
Slider Push Ups
* If you don’t have a slider on hand a towel will work too!
- You can begin either in a full plank, or modified on the tops of the thighs, hands shoulder width apart
- Keeping the abs engaged in towards your spine and left arm stable, slide the right arm out to the side as you bend both elbows lowering into a push up position
- As you straighten the arms pull the right arm back in line with the shoulder
- Do 8-10 reps and then repeat on the other side
Be sure to check out Body Conceptions classes in NYC >> Schedule HERE!
Enjoy!! Let me know what you guys think and next week we’ll be doing CORE with Core Rhythm Fitness!