Hi guys!! 🙂 I am so excited for Sunday’s event “Fueling Happiness through Theatre and Dance” with Body Conceptions and lululemon athletica! We have had such a great response with RSVPs so I know the event will be full of positive energy! I asked Mahri Relin, founder of Body Conceptions, to share her top 5 tips for fueling happiness in line with the event theme. Mahri inspires me daily with how much joy and passion she exudes and her tips will help propel you with happiness into the New Year!
5 Tips for Fueling Happiness
- Reach out to or spend time with someone important to you. Whether it’s your family that fuels you, a close friend, or a boyfriend/girlfriend, social connection is so important and can go a long way in recharging you and giving you perspective on things that might be bothering you. I have worried in the past that calling friends to vent would bother them. But you’ll be surprised how happy they feel to help you. And you may discover that your friends are there for you in more ways than you ever realized.
- Find stillness. Living in such a hectic city, I find myself constantly feeling like I need to be moving forward. I have to be accomplishing things and getting everything done on my list every day. And I often end my days realizing that I have not stopped once. I have just started adding meditation to my life. I am not a skilled meditator by any stretch, but it’s amazing how taking time in your day to find stillness can make such a difference. Even if it’s not meditation that works for you, see if you can find a few moments to yourself – away from the stress, noise and movement in your life. And notice how this process truly recharges your inner battery.
- Think about what you love about yourself. Ok, I’m not trying to be cheesy here. But think about it. How many times a day do we give ourselves negative messages? (I need to be better, faster, more skilled, skinnier, more capable, stronger, more perceptive, cooler…and on and on and on!) And if you’re a Type A perfectionist like me, you probably can’t remember the last time you were able to REALLY believe a compliment. So many of the messages we tell ourselves take a toll on our happiness, and we can’t even appreciate the qualities within us that make us wonderful and beautiful people. Take some time to think about the things you love about yourself. And really appreciate them. Think about what those qualities have done for you and why you love them. You might start feeling less anxious about your flaws – and chances are that you’ll start seeing more of the beauty that exists in others as well.
- Sweat! It’s amazing how exercise can be such an effective “reset” button. I feel on top of the world after every exercise session – whether teaching a class, training a client, or running into a spin class. Endorphins erase worries better than almost anything else, and it’s a great feeling to be doing something good for your body at the same time.
- Follow your passion. So many of us forgot what REALLY makes us happy. We get into our routines and live lives that have familiarity. But what about passion? Can you identify what makes you joyful, and can you find ways to capture that joy on a regular basis? Try to schedule times in your day or week to do those things, and don’t waiver from that schedule. You’ll be amazed at how much you look forward to those moments each week and how much happier – and more fulfilled – you start to feel in a bigger way in your life.
Share your favorite way to Fuel Happiness!
- Write a story, take a picture, sing a song, (anything you can imagine!)– share how you fuel happiness!
- Email your entry to email@example.com with #FUELHAPPINESS in the subject line.
- On December 13th, I will choose a winner who will receive a “Training for Broadway” top! SUBMISSION DEADLINE: December 12th at midnight.
Tag #fitforbroadway & #fuelhappiness to share your entry and inspire each other! 🙂 (**tagging not required for entry**)
Can’t wait to hear how y’all celebrate happiness every day!!